Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Simplest Sweet Potato Mash

When I'm running out of time, but need a quick addition to a meal, I turn to the stock of sweet potatoes I keep in the fridge. 


Sweet potatoes are a staple in our house 

Why bother to peel and boil them if you are making mashed sweet potato? Just take one small potato, prick several holes in the skin and place in the microwave. I find a small sweet potato can be cooked in as little as 2-3 minutes. 

Once cooked, cut in half (careful - it will be hot!) and scoop the flesh out into a bowl. I add a small dollop of dairy free spread and 30mls of my baby's regular milk-replacement formula and mix to a smooth consistency, (you could also used expressed milk or a non-dairy alternative such as Oatly milk). Let cool and serve!

Don't forget that this isn't only suitable for baby - you can make the same for yourself. Just replace the spread and milk with whatever versions you want. 


No comments:

Post a Comment