Makes 1-2 portions
|Some cupboard essentials|
50g red lentils,
50g grated butternut squash,
1 small carrot, grated.
250mls salt free organic vegetable stock,
1 tbsp organic rapeseed oil.
Add 1/2 small tsp of ground cumin and 2 dried apricots (chopped) to the dish to give it a Moroccan twist.
If you are struggling to get enough milk substitute formula into your baby, you could try adding a scoop of milk powder to the saucepan when nearly ready.
1. Rinse the lentils in fresh cold water, then set aside.
2. Add the grated carrot and butternut squash to a heavy bottomed saucepan and heat in the oil for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add the lentils to the saucepan.
4. Add the stock and bring back to the boil, until the lentils have cooked through.
5. Drain off any excess liquid.
Puree if needed. Otherwise, allow to cool and serve.
See more of my dairy free recipes.
Always supervise your child eating.